Spacesaver® Corporation was founded more than 40 years ago in a small barn in Wisconsin. To this day, there is only one Spacesaver and their state-of-the-art manufacturing facility is located in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin. All Spacesaver® storage products are both engineered and manufactured right here in the USA.
We, Midwest Storage Solutions, Inc. represent Spacesaver® Corporation and are the sole, authorized supplier of Spacesaver High-Density shelving throughout the state of Iowa, Nebraska, and select counties in Eastern Illinois. Spacesaver is the leading manufacturer of high-density, mobile storage (with more mobile storage installations than all other manufacturers combined). Our mobile carriage system is the strongest in the industry and all compatible components, shelving, accessories, etc. are manufactured at the same plant in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin.
- Spacesaver® is ISO-9001 Certified.
- Spacesaver manufactures their products with USA steel
- Spacesaver has more mobile-shelving installations world-wide that all of the competitors put together
- Spacesaver systems can be tailored by Midwest Storage Solution's consultants to house/store anything from: football helmets, to framed art work, to surgical supplies, to weapons, to manufacturing samples, to refrigerated evidence, to....well...ANYTHING you can think of!
What is high-density shelving? Simply put, it is shelving that rolls back & forth along a floor-mounted rail system and can be "scrunched" together to save valuable floor-space. Additionally, by mounting shelving or cabinets onto a Spacesaver® carriage and rail system, mobile storage eliminates fixed aisles to compact your storage space. It’s a simple concept that enables you to significantly increase your storage capacity or store the same amount of items in half the footprint.
High-density shelving replaces aisle space with movable storage options designed to meet the unique needs of your business or facility. In fact, Midwest Storage Solution's Spacesaver® brand high-density shelving is so successful and innovative in its use of total space; businesses that have incorporated the shelving as part of their storage areas have found they can actually reduce the space they need for storage by more than 50%. That means you won’t need to rent or purchase additional space as your storage needs increase – and you can even use the space you save for other (more profit-generating) purposes, like additional office space, more surgical or procedure rooms, more computer labs, space for additional manufacturing equipment, more exhibit or gallery space, etc.
If your business or facility is building new, our professional space solvers can work with your architect or project manager to optimize the space required for storage of "STUFF" and help reduce the cost of wasted floor-space and/or make certain that your capacity requirements are going to be met and growth potentials achieved.
Spacesaver® high-density shelving is available in a 3-Modes of Operation. They are:
- Electric or Powered Operation
- Hand-Crank or Mechanical Assist
- Manual or push-n-pull Operation
Spacesaver® "Eclipse" Powered Operation
Striving for optimum ease of use, security and safety, Spacesaver® offers Touch Technology Control™ for our Powered, High-Density storage solution, Spacesaver's LCD touchscreen technology features an interactive and dynamic screen with intuitive on-board menu and tutorials. The visual features of Touch Technology Control makes it easier than ever to store and access the items you need in a safe, secure manner.
Powered mobile shelving systems provide immediate access to stored goods. Activate system movement with the push of a button, and then enter aisles as the carriage begins to move open the requested aisle. Standard push-button controls, an optional infrared capable control or an optional secure touchpad aisle access control can be specified. Control can be configured so that you can keep your system to normally open to your most heavily used aisle or aisles, which promotes quick & direct access to your most frequently needed materials.
Spacesaver® Mechanical-Assist Operation
Mobile shelving units are moved by simply turning an ergonomically designed, soft-touch, 3-spoke rotating handle. This handle allows users to move carriage weights of 4,000 to 10,000 lbs. with only one pound of effort. A variety of safety options are available for mechanical assist mobile storage systems.
- Safety Locks to enhance user safety and prevent unwanted movement. For additional safety, optional automatic locks are available which help prevent the system from being closed on an occupied aisle.
- Mechanical carriage safety-sweeps can stop a carriage from moving once it makes contact with an object
- Optional hub locks can easily be added to secure the contents and prevention of unauthorized access
- Mechanical Assist Mobile Shelving Systems can be designed for easy upgrading to electrically-controlled operation. Upgrading to Spacesaver's "Eclipse" powered system gives users special programmable features can also be added and modified as your needs change.
- Low-profile design of Spacesaver® rail systems are engineered to mount flush with the finished floor to reduce potential tripping
- ADA compliant ramps for built-up system configurations
- Almost any type of new or used shelving can be mounted onto our Spacesaver® mobile carriages